Answers to Your Questions

Employment FAQs

What areas of employment does Adventure Medics offer?

Events – EMT and higher 

Wildland – ambulance EMTs and Paramedics, line EMTs and Paramedics, Camp clinic RNs and PAs, REM team  

Interfacility Transport (based in Southwest WA) – EMT, Paramedic, Critical Care Paramedics, Critical Care Nurses, Drivers 

I don’t live in Bend, OR or Southwest, WA can I still work for you?

Typically, our events and interfacility transport staff live in either Oregon or Washington. For fire, staff usually live West of the Continental Divide (with some exceptions).

What training/certifications do I need?

At minimum, all of our event staff need to have a state EMS license in Oregon and/or Washington as a Paramedic or EMT (we also hire PAs, Nurses, Doctors) before applying. You will need to keep your license current and remain in good standing with the certifying body. In addition you will need a BLS or ACLS card depending on your license level.

For fire you will need a National and/or state license depending on fire location. Some states allow reciprocity during fire seasons while others do not. Typically our fire crew has an Oregon or Washington license. In addition, you will need to have a current “Red Card” (AdvMed puts on two of these classes in the beginning of the year.)

ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800.

S-270 Basic air operations and S-260 Interagency business management.

For all divisions you will be required to pass a fitness test to ensure you can meet the physical requirements of the job

What are your physical test requirements?

  • Basic PT test requirements apply for Events Team and are as follows:
  • 2 mile run with variable elevation in under 24 min 
  • 80Ib Farmers carry for approximately 1/3 mile 
  • Hand over Hand weighted rope haul (x2)
  • 2 min of chest compressions only on a manikin  
  • All exercises need to be completed in under 35 min

What are the availability requirements for each division?

Events: staff are split into shifts and then expected to be available every other weekend during the summer season. There are also monthly mandatory trainings

Fire: Wildland fire is unpredictable, and no work is guaranteed. Busier seasons can have employees working 90+ days on fire. You are expected to be available for 21-day rotations, travel excluded.

What does your compensation look like?

Event staff (seasonal part-time):

EMT $15-$17/hr. DOE 

Paramedic $18-$22/hr. DOE 

Fire Pay (Seasonal temporary position): 

EMT $400-450/day DOE 

Paramedic $550-600/day DOE 

Nurses/Physician Assistant: DOE

Transport Division (full-time, part-time, and per diem): 

EMT $15-18 DOE 

Paramedic $18-22 DOE 

Critical Care Paramedic $22-25 DOE 

Critical Care RN $30-35 DOE 

Uniform, Travel and Training paid for. Additional Benefits available for full time staff include; Health/Dental/Vision insurance, 401(k) plan

Do you accept volunteers?

Unfortunately, no. Due to employment laws we are unable to utilize volunteers.

I want to get into this field, can you recommend some courses to take or skills to learn?

We use a wide variety of skills throughout all our divisions. Having a solid background in patient care should be a priority. Working or volunteering in some EMS capacity will be beneficial. Additionally, for our wildland and events crew knowing how to use radios, satellite communication, ATV/UTVs, map reading and navigating skills are a huge plus. We also have opportunities for those who have their motorcycle licenses.